Arts & Intersections is a gathering place for funders working directly in arts and culture as well as those whose work intersects with the myriad needs of the broader creative economy.
Growing from our year-long “State of the Arts” pilot programs, this working group of funders aims to do the following:
- Communicate the importance of a thriving arts and culture ecosystem as a key driver of social change and essential to our regional quality of life.
- Reposition our collective understanding of the importance of arts and culture within philanthropy.
- Create opportunities for funders across multiple sectors to see themselves and their work in the arts and culture space.
- Attract non-traditional funders into the arts and culture space (mental health, public health, housing, social justice, racial equity etc.)
Coordinated by Catalyst, this collaborative is currently in partnership with the San Diego Commission for Arts & Culture, and Clare Rose Foundation.
As part of Arts & Intersections Collaborative, you can:
- Gain a greater understanding of the current funding landscape within arts and culture in San Diego, Imperial County and Baja CA.
- Network and build relationships with other funders committed to creating healthier, equitable, and sustainable communities in the Baja/Imperial/San Diego region.
- Learn about model practices, tools, and strategies that you can apply to your work, plus share knowledge and insights with your peers.
- Explore opportunities to create joint funding opportunities.
- Leverage the impact of your own giving through collaboration with other funders.
HOW TO JOIN THE ARTS & INTERSECTIONS FUNDERS COLLABORATIVE
Reach out to Kamaal Martin to learn more and get involved.