Arts & Intersections is a gathering place for funders working directly in arts and culture as well as those whose work intersects with the myriad needs of the broader creative economy.
Growing from our year-long “State of the Arts” pilot programs, this working group of funders aims to do the following:
- Communicate the importance of a thriving arts and culture ecosystem as a key driver of social change and essential to our regional quality of life.
- Reposition our collective understanding of the importance of arts and culture within philanthropy.
- Create opportunities for funders across multiple sectors to see themselves and their work in the arts and culture space.
- Attract non-traditional funders into the arts and culture space (mental health, public health, housing, social justice, racial equity etc.)
As part of Arts & Intersections Collaborative, you can:
- Gain a greater understanding of the current funding landscape within arts and culture in San Diego, Imperial County and Baja CA.
- Network and build relationships with other funders committed to creating healthier, equitable, and sustainable communities in the Baja/Imperial/San Diego region.
- Learn about model practices, tools, and strategies that you can apply to your work, plus share knowledge and insights with your peers.
- Explore opportunities to create joint funding opportunities.
- Leverage the impact of your own giving through collaboration with other funders.
HOW TO JOIN THE ARTS & INTERSECTIONS FUNDERS COLLABORATIVE
Reach out to Kamaal Martin to learn more and get involved.