On Thursday, August 25th, 2022, Catalyst of San Diego & Imperial Counties took a group of both members and non-members on an all-day excursion to learn more about Guaranteed Basic Income. During the field trip, participants heard from Black Women’s Resilience Project and other partners who are testing a proven model that provides regular income supplements to families that allow them to focus on school, work, and wealth-building activities. This allows them to define a new future that is not constrained by systemic issues like redlining and implicit biases that prevent women and people of color from gaining employment.
If you missed the day or joined us and are interested in learning more, we’ve got you covered! Utilize the below resources to learn more, or connect with someone on our team for 1:1 support.
- Direct Giving Has Surged During COVID, but Approaches Vary as Does Effectiveness
- It’s Getting Harder to Be a Woman in America
- Stanford Global Map of Basic Income
- Why All Guaranteed Income is Narrative Work
- Ending Poverty in California A Blueprint for a Just and Inclusive Economy
- Guaranteed Income Helps Ease Inflation Pressures for San Diego Families
Featured image: Khea Pollard, director of director of economic mobility and opportunity at Jewish Family Service, moderated an Aug. 25 panel about the Black Women’s Resilience Project. Photo by Jesse Marx
Join us next time!
Interested in participating in opportunities like this? Join us at future programming: learn more about upcoming events here.