2019 Fires Devastating Baja California: How to Help
Multiple fires occurred in Baja California since October 24, 2019 in Tecate, Tijuana, Rosarito and Ensenada. Hundreds of homes have been burned. Per Televisa and 10news (10/29/2019), three people have been killed resulting from the wildfires and hundreds of homes burned, including:
- Tecate: More than 100 homes burned
- Tijuana: More than 60 homes burned
- Rosarito: More than 30 homes burned
- Ensenada: More than 100 homes burned
The fires were fueled by strong Santa Ana winds and hot conditions.
Please refer to Baja California Civil Protection Office (Protección Civil Baja California) for the most up-to-date information highway and school closures.
How to Help
The following vetted wildfire relief and recovery fund serves to support those who have been impacted by the fire in Northern Baja California.
International Community Foundation
The ICF Baja California Disaster Relief Fund has been activated. The fund will be used to collect money to support Tijuana, Rosarito, and other surrounding areas affected by these fires.
How San Diego Grantmakers Can Support Your Engagement
Philanthropy California is deploying its deep work in disaster resilience efforts toward:
- What’s needed now
- Emerging issues
- Where funders can make the most of their contributions
- Trusted funds for relief and recovery
- How best to meet short and long-term needs
- Funders, government partners, and organizations active in responding to the disaster
- Funders with tools, connections, and expertise