This sixth session of the Foundations of Racial Equity series explores Equity in the Center’s “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication and framework. Equity in the Center’s research is designed to support leaders as they build and expand their organization’s capacity to advance race equity and transform their culture. In these modules, we’ll engage in a critical conversation on the cases, tactics, and tools that will drive action to combat structural racism in the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
This framework will help you understand how to take action on racial equity within your organization. You will learn more about specific tactics, strategies, and best practices to operationalize racial equity. Presented by Equity in the Center’s Executive Director, Kerrien Suarez, this session will outline the need for building a Race Equity Culture in social sector organizations and introduce resources and provide strategies to help participants move from commitment to action.
Join Us To:
- Hear an overview of Race Equity Cycle Framework.
- Learn about case examples of how organizations move through the Race Equity Cycle.
- Understand key research findings from the “Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture” publication, and how to apply the Race Equity Cycle framework in their own work.
- Learn about management and operational levers that can shift organizational culture toward race equity.
The Series is made up of six sessions. Each session includes two modules.
Module A: Tuesday, December 7 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
Module B: Tuesday, December 14 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
- Members: $100 per session or $500 for the full series
- Nonmembers: $150 per session or $750 for the full series