- This event has passed.
2021: The End of the Fossil Fuel Era
Thursday, March 18, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is a joint webinar hosted by Climate and Energy Funders Group (CEFG) and the Health and Environmental Funders Network (HEFN) and will highlight some of the key leaders of Stop the Money Pipeline strategies and initiatives as well as those engaged in regulatory strategies. Stop the Money Pipeline has grown to be a network of 140 organizations and nearly forty thousand people who are working to hold the financial sector accountable for its role in the climate crisis. There are five campaign coalitions that are active members of Stop the Money Pipeline ― the BlackRock’s Big Problem campaign network, the Insure our Future campaign network, the Chase campaign network, the Climate-Safe Pensions Network, and the Divest-Ed college campus network. Youth climate activists are also poised to launch a new distributed campaign in January 2021 targeting all institutions that continue to enable the fossil fuel industry through financing and funding. All of these efforts take on increased significance in the context of a Biden administration and COP 26 around the corner as stronger policy and regulatory controls will only be feasible with increased public pressure.
- Elana Sulakshana, Energy Finance Campaigner, Rainforest Action Network
- Adam Neville, National Co-Coordinator, Future Coalition, XR Youth
- Tara Houska, Attorney, Environmental & Indigenous Rights Advocate, Founder, Giniw Collective
- David Arkush, Managing Director, Climate Program, Public Citizen
- Heather Coleman, Senior Program Officer Environment, Wallace Global Fund (moderator)
This educational briefing will be informational in nature and is appropriate for 501(c)3 funders. It is only open to funders.